Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The boring stuff you probably should read.
- Pricing is submitted to client for approval
- Client signs quote and submits deposit
- Artwork is prepared for client approval
- Production begins upon receipt of signed quote, artwork and deposit.
- Manufacturing takes 2-4 weeks from receipt of signed quote and art sketch. Rush orders may be subject to supplier surcharges
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ORDERS OVER THE PHONE OR BY EMAIL. All orders require a signed art proof and invoice prior to starting. This ensures order accuracy.
Your Estimate and Invoice:
- You will be presented with a formal estimate upon request. Once you are satisfied with the Estimate your Sales rep will email you an invoice.
- The invoice contains a space for a credit card
- By signing the invoice you are indicating that you have confirmed the shipping address and your "DATE ORDER REQUIRED". If you change your "DATE ORDER REQUIRED" date or "Shipping Address" after submission of this document, there may be additional rush fees or service charges issued.
- Sample requests are handled on a case-by-case basis. Typically we like a commitment to purchase.
- We will provide a sample once we have issued and you have approved a quote that exceeds $500.
- Our minimum order policy is $300 and sample requests for orders under $500 will be billed at cost.
- We offer a $50 sample allowance for each customer. This cost includes shipping. If your company has a Fed Ex or UPS account, we can ship using your account, as a way to maximize your sample allowance. Please keep in mind each sample also costs us shipping. Even a pen costs us $50 to ship to you in most cases.
- Our suppliers do not use the postal service under any circumstances.
Order Placement & Delivery
- Our minimum order policy is $300.
- We do not offer "less than minimum” quantity orders.
- A 75% deposit payable by credit card or cheque is required on all orders over $500.
- Orders under $500 are Prepaid or C.O.D at the discretion of the manager
- Delivery is approximately 2 to 4 weeks from the date of arrival of your signed quote, signed artwork and deposit
- Please specify event date at time of order.
- Purchase orders will be accepted at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Orders $500 or under require pre-payment by cheque or credit card.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard in Canadian and USD.
- Orders over $500 require a 75% deposit. The balance is billed within 48 hours of the shipment arriving at the designated shipping address.
- We accept purchase orders only from Government clients and from large corporations who have purchasing policy restricting the pre-payment of goods. As a rule, we do not set up accounts or terms for our customers.
- Rush orders required in less than 7 working days (excluding weekends) have to be paid in full at time of order. If there is an increase in shipping cost or a difference between our estimate and our bill, you will be charged for the balance.
Overages & Shortages
- All ad hardware orders (ie- pens, magnets) orders are subject to “5% over or under” quantity variance. Your final invoice will reflect the amount shipped. Sometimes you will get a few pieces less than you ordered. It is your responsibility to count and inspect your order within 72 hours of arrival at your office.
- If you require an exact quantity, please specify at time of order
- First 30 minutes of artwork is free. Hourly rate is $60/hour thereafter
- Graphics can be e-mailed in .PDF or Adobe Illustrator .ai file (CS5 or lower). JPG’s are not acceptable for imprinted and art charges may apply should the logo require a re-draw. Each order receives 30 minutes of free graphic design time. After 30 minutes, the cost is $60/hr for graphic design services. We define graphic design as arranging words and pictures (ie- clip art) and tracing. If your art is complex and requires illustration or you need some high end art skills to make your concept come to life, we offer that service at $80-120/hour.
- WE CAN NOT USE JPG, GIFs or MICROSOFT PUBLISHER FILES TO IMPRINT PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS. These file formats are great for the web or internal documents but they do not deliver a crisp imprint and our manufacturers will not accept those formats.
- We require the file formats .ai, vector .eps or vector .pdf (Adobe Illustrator CS or higher). You can’t “convert” your art into vector by re-saving it using an application. It has to be created in a vector environment.
- If you have hired a graphic designer or web designer to make your art, chances are they will have the proper format. The professional graphics industry uses different tools than the majority of consumers and companies. Professionals will save the vector art into common file formats such as JPG or PDF for preview or web purposes.
- We re-draw JPGs all the time for our customers and when we are done we share the .ai file with you so that you have it for future projects.
- Artwork produced for presentation is the property of Ultimate Promotions Ltd. until account is paid in full
Copyright Infringement, derogatory messaging and Intellectual property rights
- We will not take on orders where clients are utilizing another company’s logo that they don’t have the rights to use. Written permission might be required to use certain logos or words.
- We will not work with clients that want imprinted products that convey a derogatory, sexist or racist message
- We rely on the Pantone Matching System to choose colors for you. The “PMS’ system is in use with a majority of the suppliers we use. However on some products that are printed digitally it is hard to ensure precise color matching.
- Keep in mind that every computer monitor displays color differently. We use professional and calibrated monitors in our office. The best way to cross reference a color is to view a Pantone Matching System “Solid Coated” chip book. Most copy shops and printers will have one you can probably look at if you ask nice.
- Specified colors will be matched as closely as possible from manufacturers standard color palette. Most manufacturers offer 6-10 standard colors and if your color falls outside those choices, a fee may apply.
- Exact Pantone color matching may be subject to a surcharge.
- Rush orders can usually be accommodated depending on the product you require and your location.
- If your deadline is Friday. March 13th please do not tell us you need the product on the 10th. We require abosolute honesty about your deadline please.
- Orders required in 7 working days or less are considered a “rush order”.
- Domestic suppliers may charge a fee for increased services speed. On direct import orders a rush charge of up to 25% may be applied.
- In the event of a change in shipping cost between order placement and billing from courier, the client will be billed for the difference. Our shipping costs are ESTIMATED only.
- We strongly suggest using your Fed Ex or UPS account to ensure cost certainty and on-time delivery
- You will be billed for the order in the event something beyond our control happens to create a delay. (ie- customs inspection, weather delay during shipping). We will offer a discount or a refund only when the delay is caused by our negligence. If you are not prepared to pay for the goods if they arrive late, then please don’t place the order.
- All customers who place a rush order will be required to read and sign our “rush order manifesto” which outlines the special set of terms and conditions that apply to rush orders.
- The terms on rush orders are pre-paid. In some cases we may accept a cheque couriered within 72 hours on your account for the full amount. Purchase orders are accepted at the discretion of management
- The clock for rush orders starts ticking when our supplier says it starts ticking. If we are utilizing a rush service from one of our suppliers and calculating 3 day shipping to your location to hit your deadline, the order has not ‘started’ until our supplier sends us an order confirmation. You may have confirmed your order with us on a Tuesday but the supplier may not confirm with us until late Wednesday or even Thursday. We may have estimated a different shipping speed for you and then have to change it to meet your deadline. (ie- overnight express from 3 day). This can increase the cost of shipping substantially. Sometimes we have to make a judgment call “on the spot” for you in order to meet your deadline and if you are not available to confirm with, it might be the difference between getting or not getting your order in time. Let us know if you are not comfortable with us making these types of decisions on your rush order.
- Quotations for domestic products are valid for 30 days unless otherwise stated on the quote
- import quotations are valid for 7 days
- prices are subject to change without notice
Set Up Charge
- There will be a set up charge on most items. Many suppliers charge a fee on every order.
- Some suppliers charge set up fees on repeat orders
- Terms are granted upon completion of a credit application.
- All orders will be sent UPS, Fed Ex, or other courier and shipping charges added onto the invoice, unless requested otherwise.
- Shipping costs include freight from supplier to Ultimate Promotions and transport of finished product to clients specified address.
- Payment policy is net 15 days upon approved credit. No further orders will be processed if an account is past due 45 days. Accounts that exceed 90 days will be closed.
- In the event of late payment of your account, management has the right to refuse future orders or demand pre-payment on future orders
- When you receive your merchandise, please go through it carefully – INSPECT, COUNT THE ITEMS AND CROSS REFERENCE WITH YOUR ORDER BEFORE UTILIZING THE PRODUCT. We advise reviewing its quality even if you do not intend to use it right away. If there are any issues with your order please contact customer service at 1-866-661-9696 upon receipt. You have 5 business days to inform us of errors, omissions, or quality issues (defects) with your order.
- As stated on our art proof: Once you have signed your proof, we are not responsible for any spelling errors or omissions that you have approved. Subsequently, IF THERE IS A TYPO OR ERROR THAT WAS APPROVED BY YOU ON YOUR ART PROOF, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ACCEPT THE ORDER AS IS OR TO PAY FOR A RE-ORDER.
- In the case of defective goods - our suppliers require that this is brought to their attention as soon as possible. Please contact us immediately and we will ensure that returns due to quality issues are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner for you. WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNAUTHORIZED RETURNS. If necessary we will issue a Return Authorization and provide you with instructions . You may need to return the order in its entirety for quality control review and possible replacement.
Use of products for future marketing
- We take pictures of many of the products that arrive at our office prior to shipping them to you. If you are not comfortable with us using your products for our marketing purposes, please let us know
- We do not re-sell to other distributors of promotional products. We are an ASI distributor #358057
- We will gladly work with ad agencies, PR firms, printers, graphic designers and retailers
Serving Canada and the US